Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Wonderful Legacy

I'm sure you've all thought about them today, but Mom and Dad have been on my mind all day. We should have been having a big 60 year anniversary party today. The party on their 50th anniversary was so much fun, and they enjoyed it so much; I wish we could have done it again. The past 10 years have gone by so fast, and it seems like yesterday, but yet it seems like forever since we saw our folks.
Our parents really did leave a wonderful legacy. I love each of my sisters and brothers, their spouses, each and every one of my nieces and nephews, and their spouses and children. I'm not going to give names or numbers for fear of leaving someone out, but Mom and Dad truly have a great posterity. There wasn't one single person they didn't love and adore. They were truly proud of each of us. I'm sure they must just smile each day as they see babies joining our families, children growing up, and each of us growing older by the day.
Randy and I spent last night and today in St. George. (Thanks Blake for letting us use your days at the house.) I was brought to tears more than once as I'd look at their pictures and think of the opportunity of being in the home they loved so much. I know it makes them happy to see us all there. They have given us so much, not only physical things, but sound principles, values, and love. I'm thankful everyday for them.
I'm sorry, I didn't mean for this to be a testimony, but I do love each of you. I know that we can see our beloved mother and father again. I'm going to do all I can to be there with them when the time comes, and I hope you will too. It just wouldn't be heaven if any one of my dear family was missing. Love to you all, Collette

3 comments:

alaynamarriott said...

Mom, let me wipe my tears, and then say thanks for allowing me to be part of their legacy. I'm grateful my children get to be a portion of their posterity as well. What a beautiful couple - they complimented each other so well. I sure miss Grandma and Grandpa. I'm sure Madelyn and McKinley stuck around just long enough to enjoy the big celebration that took place today. They can tell us all about it in a few more days! (P.S. Mom I'm so proud of you for posting - and I love you!)

JanTSouthwick said...

That was very nice Collette. I had thought of our parents all day long also and just didn't know how to put in words what I was feeling and you did it very well. I did go visit mom and dad yesterday and took some flowers because I, like you, can not believe that I am living in a house and have the things that I do all because I had such wonderful parents who loved each other and all of us. 60 years is a long time to be together and they would have made it happily that many years if it weren't for that "C" word that took them both.

Lindsay said...

I'm wiping my tears too. Is that part of the Thomas legacy as well? I'm also so grateful for two wonderful grandparents. I always knew that they loved me. We didn't get to spend as much time with them as the rest of the family, so I always cherished our time with them. Thanks everyone for continuing their legacy!

*Giving a huge applause to my mom for her first post! Way to go!