Sunday, September 14, 2008

Silly Sunday Again!

I don't have that many pictures of dad in my computer, but I did run across this one, isn't this so like him? He loved to do anything silly with the grandkids didn't he? This picture was taken on the 24th of July, 2003. I'm sure he wasn't feeling well then, but he still made sure the kids had fun! I miss the giggles he could get out of them. This brings to me to some memories me and Stuart were talking about the other night, we had been talking about the State Fair. Dad would take us to the fair almost every year close to my birthday and on several occasions on my birthday. He would let us rome around the fair grounds and browse at all the junkety junk the vendors would sell, dad was such a sport or were we just spoiled? I remember him buying us all sorts of fun things to play with like, the metal steelies on the frame that would hit back and forth against each other, wow! And how about those fun things I think they called them Clackers, they were those transparent colored balls on the long strings that clacked back and forth. How annoying to him I'm sure, but he let us have all the fun things. We would only let the grandkids get away with this today!! Right. Enjoy the memories. See ya chicks, Shannon

3 comments:

Collette C. said...

Thanks for sharing your memories. They always make me smile. I am in trouble with my daughters because I have never commented on their blogs, and they do have such darling pictures of their darling kids. Heck, I just pick up the phone and call them. By the way, did any of you see our celebrity sister, Tamara, on Good Things, Utah? She was gorgeous as usual. Jan, you are a hoot. I loved your smile in your comment about Rachelle. Got to love those kids. We all have so much to catch up on. Can't wait till we can get together. Love to you all, Collette

JanTSouthwick said...

Thanks for sharing those memories Shannon. And I have those exact memories of the State Fair. I told Channing those exact same stories the other day. How we always went to the fair on a Sunday and I told him about the treasures we used to come home with. Aren't we lucky we had parents that took us fun places so we could have those memories. Thank goodness you have the pictures Shannon. I just don't have enough of any of us, so I love any that you post. It's great to hear from you Collette. I didn't get to see our famous sister on tv but I had people call me and ask me if she was there that day because they saw her. And Tamara says she has a boring life?! Hope to see you all soon.

Thomas Chicks said...

Shannon - thanks for sharing those memories of your dad. I definately missed out meeting him while he was on earth. By sharing your memories, I know he will be easy to find on the other side.

Love, Deb