Friday, September 19, 2008

cute puppy


No, we don't have a puppy (you know me better than that). This bloodhound was donated to the Utah County Sheriff's Office by Child Protection Education of America. These dogs are used to track people, whether lost kids or criminals (hopefully, she will only have to find the bad quys).
The guy on the right is the handler and trainer, detective Shawn Radmall. A couple of weeks ago we got a call from one of the sheriffs we know and he said they wanted to come by our house to show us something...the cute little (for now) puppy pictured above. They had a contest for the kids of the Sheriff's Office employees to name her. Several people had suggested she be named after Kiplyn, so they wanted to know if this would be OK with us. Together we decided on the name "Kippy". We felt honored that others are still remembering "our angel".

4 comments:

Shannon said...

What a neat thing, I am so glad people are still caring and always have you in their thoughts. That puppy is darling, and the name couldn't be any better, I've got cold chills on my arms as I'm typing now. Adorable I bet Karissa wanted to keep him though. I hope it will help with things in the future. Love, Shannon P.S. You did a great job on the blogs, did you do them yourself?

Anonymous said...

Yea, your a blogger now! Great posts. What a great story about Kippy. Too cute.

JanTSouthwick said...

It doesn't surprise me a bit that so many people suggested Kiplyn's name. I know there are many people who think of her and pray for you, and if this dog can help locate people and especially help with finding chilren, there is no better name for him.
P.S. You picked up this blogging thing very well. And you do have interesting things to tell us about. Now. . I need a life.

Shortcake and Company said...

What a great idea!! I am so glad they chose Kippy. I saw the story and was curious to see what name was chosen. That name is perfect.