Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What a Great Day!

Look how happy they are, Mr. and Mrs. Mike Mitchell and baby McKinley!


What an awsome day we had yesterday. These two were so happy and nervous at the same time. They had great things happen yesterday they will always remember. Their sealing was just beautiful. The sealer who was sealing them had made the suggestion that they go forward and multiply and replenish this earth with children and everyone just started to chuckle when he said, "Oh, I see you have already started to do that!" it was really cute. She got along fine through the whole thing, notice she's carrying her shoes, her feet and toes were so swollen from sitting all that time that she couldn't get them back on when it was time to go outside for pictures. Here are a few pictures from the day. We missed all of you, wish you could of joined in on their special day too.


The Whitehouse clan, minus Jacob. Wish he could of joined us. But just think how neat of a day that will be when he gets married, we will all be there.


Uncle Bert and Daneen, Me & Stuart, Kaitlyn & Mike, John & Kira, Rachelle Carling, Pam & Doc Mendenhall in front of the temple, they all came back to the luncheon as well. (Side note: Kaitlyn had told Aunt Afton that when it was time to go to the temple she would send her an invitation, she hadn't forgotten that, so when it was time to send out the invites she said, "I can't forget Uncle Bert".) I thought that was so nice of them to come and support Kaitlyn on such a special day, they told her that Aunt Afton was there with her, as were her other Grandma's and Grandpa's which was so very true.


I love spending time with these two, they both looked just beautiful yesterday all dressed in their white clothing, just like little angels.



This is Kaitlyn and Mikes wedding cake top, it's been in my freezer for a year now, we had a cake topper made for it and we took it to luncheon for a surprise. They were going to cut it that night, it probably had freezer burn! It's the thought that counts, right!
What a great ending to a perfect day.
Love you chicks, Shannon

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

What a special day for Kaitlyn and Mike! I wish I could have been there to share the day with your family. What a great way for baby McKinley to enter this world!

Strong said...

How wonderful. I know Kaitlyn wanted so badly to stay on schedule and not have her baby before going to the temple. I bet she is home right now praying for the next little miracle to happen. How great will that be to have a forever family all in the same week.

Anonymous said...

Man. Sure upset I missed this wonderful day in Kaitlyns life. Living this far from home sure is tough on a guy sometimes.

Congrats Kaitlyn and Mike

alaynamarriott said...

I just commented on Shannon's blog before seeing this cute post. I am so happy for this cute family of three! I'm relieved to hear that the sealer didn't end up delivering the baby. I wish I could have been there. Now I'm anxious to hear about that cute new babe!

JanTSouthwick said...

It looks like such a nice day. That's a great goal for them to have accomplished.