Sunday, September 21, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHANNON!


I won't say how many years it is because I am right behind her. But.. I just want to wish this sister a very happy birthday today. Shannon, you have always been such a good big sister to me. It was nice that we were so close in age growing up that I always had a friend to play with and I still do (now it mainly involves shopping and eating). We were such good friends when we were little that I hardly remember fighting with you like most siblings might. In fact, in happened so little, that I do remember one doozy of a fight. We were staying with Collette in Cedar City in her apartment and we must have been homesick which must have caused us to argue. But Collette made everything better by taking us to buy coloring books and crayons. (Shopping always makes everything better) And I still have the blue mark in my leg from the pencil. lol

I am so blessed to have you for a big sister and all my other big sisters. I love you Shannon!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes Jan,
I won't have to do a silly Sunday segment that picture is silly enough. I have so many fun memories of us playing together to, I'm really glad we are so close in age. Love you to, Shannon

Collette C. said...

I had really planned to be the first to wish Shannon a happy birthday, but stuff happens, and Jan beat me to it. My experience is quite different from Jan's. Because Shannon was just six years old when I went away to college, I hardly remember her growing up. But marriage and motherhood are great equalizers, and we now share many fun and memorable experiences. Shannon is a wonderful example of what a wife, mother, and grandma should be. She is the most creative person I know, and she is so willing to share her talents with others. I wouldn't have made it through Lindsay's and Alayna's wedding receptions without her, along with countless other projects she helped with over the years. Shannon, I hope you've had a wonderful birthday, and I know the celebration will continue all week as Kaitlyn and Mike go to the temple, and as you welcome little McKinley into your family. Hope everything goes well. I love you and your family, Collette

alaynamarriott said...

Happy birthday Shannon! I hope your day was extra great.....I'm sure your family spoiled you rotten. Tell your cute family hello!

Lindsay said...

Happy birthday to you! Growing up, my mom would often call me "Shannon" and Alayna, "Jan". What a huge compliment to us both! I hope you had a wonderful day!