Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My memory of Christmas

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season so far, now it seems a little more like Christmas to me with the snow on the ground. I'm sure we will have a another great "White Christmas"this year if you know what I mean. I have so many fond memories of Christmas growing up, I don't think there was ever a time I didn't get what I had asked Santa for. The Christmas' I remember most are spending Christmas eve at Grandma Thomas' house and her cute little stockings she would hang for us on her mantle. It was filled with some kind of fun little trinkets. Then we would go home and talk about getting up around 4:00 a.m. to see what Santa brought. What the heck were we thinking, Mom and Dad would let us too. We would sneek downstairs all quiet and take a peek at all the goods and play for a bit. When we got to cold down there we would go back upstairs and wake Mom & Dad to open the other presents under the tree. While we waited I remember sitting in front of the heat vent at the end of the hall right there going into the kitchen, it was always really warm right there. We waited there until Mom & Dad got up and Dad got his hair combed so we could proceed with the days activities. I have so many memories floating in my head right now I don't think I have the time to post them all, maybe I'll have to share something again tomorrow. I can't wait to read the others when they get posted. What a fun idea this was. Have fun finishing up your weekend projects whether it's, shopping, baking, wrapping and if your all done with all of those. I'm jealous! Love, Shannon

1 comment:

Stuart said...

I remember how your Dad and Mom would delight in the day's, (and some days after's) visit from each of the kids and grandkid's. I think your Dad enjoyed being a kid again, just the way he would react to each kid's excitment and laughter.