Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Favorite Memory

I would like to share with you a favorite memory---but I think I've lost it (my memory, that is). Just to let you know how bad things are getting, let me share two of my experiences from yesterday. I went to the drive thru at Wendy's for lunch. I placed my order, drove to the first window and paid and then---I drove right on past the pick-up window. It didn't hit me that I didn't have my food until I was about to drive into the street. I considered just driving away and stopping somewhere else, but heck that chili cost a whole $1.38. So I pick my car in park (a good thing to remember) and ran back and got it. Every time I get chili at Wendy's I think of Dad. He knew all the places in St. George to get a cheap eat. And he delighted in telling you about it.

Then, after work I stopped by Macy's to pick up some hamburger buns. I don't very often run in the store for just one item. (That's what I use Richard for) I try to get every thing I need on Saturday and always pay with my debit card. I decided to use cash for this single purchase so I pulled out a twenty and attempted to slide it through the credit card machine. The check got a good laugh.


But one thing I defiantly wanted to do was share this darling picture. I sure you can tell just by looking who this is. He looks to much like Hayley did when she was a baby. Isn't Forrest Kingston cute?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so cute! He does look like Hayley, his eyes and little round face I think.

JanTSouthwick said...

He is just too cute and you are so right. He looks just like Haley did when she was a baby. Now. . Tamara those memory stories had me laughing too hard. I shouldn't laugh because believe me, my memory is going too. But driving past the window without getting your chili, that beats them all. At least we can laugh about it.

Shannon said...

Oh how fun for Hayley to be sharing Christmas with such a cute little one that looks just like her. Your stories made me laugh, I hope I don't get that bad, oh wait I know there are days where I've totally lost it! Now do you think you can remember a Christmas memory to share with us?

Lindsay said...

You made me laugh out loud! I'm sure the girl at the register couldn't wait to go tell the rest of the employees! Thanks for giving us all something to smile about!