Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I have way too many memories of Christmas, but one of my favorites

I remember the year Shannon and I both got the cute PJ barbie doll. She was so cute in her bright pink and orange mini dress and her long blonde hair, but the best thing about her was that she was a talking barbie. Ok, so that was when we were young enough that we knew Santa Clause had brought us these barbies. And I was so excited about her I just had to show Dad. I imagine we had probably woken up around 5 a.m. or so and saw all of our toys and we were so excited about everything that we just knew Dad would be just as excited about it. So, I took my talking PJ barbie into snoring Dad and put her right by Dad's ear and pulled the string and had PJ talking to him until he woke up. Now. . . I look back on this and just think what a good sport he was. Just waking up and acting as surprised and happy as I was about my barbie doll. I'm sure he had only had a couple hours of sleep so I'm sure he wasn't too happy about being woke up like that. But he sure didn't act like it bothered him and went right along with it.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I so remember that too, there are so many fun ones huh. We had great Christmas'. I miss them and the fun they brought to Christmas every year.