Wednesday, October 29, 2008

MY BABY

My baby and her baby

I just had to wish my baby a happy birthday. My baby, Alayna, turns 28 tomorrow, the 30th of October. Can you imagine how old that makes me feel? I feel so blessed to have her as one of our four fabulous children. I have to admit, she was the dream child. She was a big baby, so she was always content and soon slept through the night. When she was a little girl, she could play in her bedroom for hours by herself. Since she was the baby of the family, she pretty much went wherever Randy and I went, and she could have easily been spoiled. But to the contrary, she never asked for anything. (We just gave her everything without being asked.) She met Tim, the love of her life, in the 7th grade, and I don't think she ever really looked at another boy. She waited for him to complete his mission, followed him to Ogden where he works, and continues to support him in his advanced educational endeavors. We're sure glad, because we think the world of Tim.

I think Alayna was a super teacher, but all she ever wanted to be was a mom. She has spent every day with Dawson since he was born three years ago. She is teaching him so much, without him realizing he is learning the abc's and 123's, and so many other amazing things. She is always willing to get on the floor and play trains with him, or to watch a Thomas video for the hundredth time. She waited for what seemed to her to be a very long time to add little Maddie to their family four weeks ago. She cherishes holding and loving her, dressing her in pretty pink things, and putting bows in her hair.

We love you, Alayna. We are so proud of the wife and mother you are, and for the example you are to all of us. Hope you have an over-the-top birthday. I know Tim and Dawson will make sure you do.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Isn't that girl amazing? I'm so grateful to have her as a sister. She's always been such an example to me. I hope to be like her when I grow up! She's an incredible mom, sister, and friend.

JanTSouthwick said...

Happy Birthday to Alayna. Those are precious pictures and such sweet thoughts from one good mother to another good mother.

alaynamarriott said...

Mom you are the BEST.....thanks for making my day! You always have such nice things to say about everyone. I mean you could have mentioned what a mess my bedroom was growing up, but you chose to focus on the positive. You are the most positive person I know. Thanks for teaching me to smile and enjoy life! I love you!

P.S. I wish you would come and teach my baby to sleep through the night.