Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Remembering Mom

All of you are probably thinking about the same thing today as I am--our special Mom. I feel so blessed to have had such a wonderful loving Mother. Not a day has gone by in the last two years that I haven't thought about and missed her. She was such a great example and I wish I could have been the kind of mother that she was. I regret not spending more time with her especially after Dad died, when she was so lonely. I really thought she would be around alot longer than she was. I know I have mentioned this before but I remember as a girl in grade school being so excited that she was my room mother (I know she did this alot for years for each of us--probably because the teachers knew they could rely on her to bring yummy treats for the holidays) and looking forward to the days she would visit our room. I thought she was so beautiful and I was so proud for all the kids to see her.

The other day I was thinking about how much I love fall and one of my favorite memories of the season was coming home from school on a Friday afternoon to the wonderful smell of her delicious chili. I think it was so special that on one of our last trips to St. George with her she made us a delicious pot of chili.

Anyway, thanks Mom for all you did and sacrificed for us. Thanks for giving me five brothers and sisters to support me in my trials. I love each and every one of you (and your spouses and families). Tamara

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Tamara, You beat me to it. I was going to do this after I got mine posted on my blog. Those were great comments, boy to I miss her too. Love you. Shannon

Collette C. said...

I knew we'd all be having the same thoughts today. Not a day goes by that I don't think of Mom and wish I could call her and share some bit of news with her or ask a cooking question. I'm really needing a Thomas girls weekend. Anybody know when that might happen? Love ya, Collette

Thomas Chicks said...

Ok, chicks. I had to wait until close to the end of the day to read this and then post because I knew there would be tears involved. But like all 3 of you sisters, I have such wonderful happy memories of our mother, that the tears soon turned to smiles and giggles. I can't believe how much I miss Mom and think of her every single day and all the many wonderful things about her. And thank goodness I have big sisters that I can call now instead when I need motherly advice or help. Mama says...take care of your sisters...
And I think our Mama would be very proud of all of us. Love you all, Jan

JanTSouthwick said...

One more thing. Girls weekend? How about a weekend or even just an overnighter in SLC before Christmas? We usually go for a whole day anyway and sometimes even run out of time to shop. Are any of you up for 2 days of it? Maybe 1 day shopping and 1 day for playing? Just a thought so we can get the day set asap. Collette can you take a Friday off? I'm already excited. It's amazing how just thinking about shopping can cheer me up.