Friday, November 14, 2008

NO MORE MUZZ STORIES


Take a good look at the picture I have posted of me at work because you will never see me in that spot again. I'm not kidding either. After 20 years of working at the Utah County Attorney's Office, I voluntarily terminated my employment. Ok, so you are probably thinking how stupid am I for leaving 10 years before my retirement. But, in case you haven't heard they are seriously talking about layoffs with the County and our Department is one being cut a little. I have the most seniority of any secretary there and almost more than any attorneys there too also so I was not in jeapardy of losing my job. But. . .the county did offer an incentive to get us old timers out of there, and I just couldn't resist. You all know I have loved my job and enjoyed so many people I worked with. But, it really is such a stressful nonstop job that never ends. And some of the things I deal with on a daily basis can start getting depressing. After 20 years of that, I was beginning to not enjoy my job as much (I mean, the whole reason we go to work is to have fun, right?) lol.


This is something I have been considering for awhile now and wanting to look for a part-time job. But, I just figured I would stick it out another 10 years. But when this opportunity came, I decided it was an answer to my prayers. I had until December 26 to choose this, but it only took me a couple days to decide and I knew it was just what I've been waiting for. And I knew if I did it right away I could have the entire Holiday season off. How cool is that?


My severence pay will be enough to get us by, but not enough to go to the mall every day or travel the world, and I would go crazy if I were home all the time. So after the Holidays I will look for something part time.


I am feeling so blessed and fortunate that the only reason I can even take advantage of this offer is because I own my home. I have been a little sad and happy about this decision and went back and forth on what to do. Then it just hit me. I'm in this great position only because of my wonderful loving parents and all they have done for me my whole life. Not just that I own my home, but the way they rasied me to learn and be responsible and work. And I knew quitting this job would make me a much happier person and that is what they would want for me.


So, I'm going to have to find something to keep me busy till Christmas other than shopping. It might be tearing down wallpaper and painting. Starting with the bedroom and bathroom. Channing was just THRILLED knowing I would be coming up with all kinds of projects for him.


5 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm shedding a few tears right now, no wonder I couldn't get on to post something. You were on. I'm so happy for you, but sad we won't have anymore funny Muzz stories. How exciting, I bet your friends there were a little sad too weren't they. Love, Shannon

Kaitlyn said...

How exciting is this i am happy and sad at the same time. You will find something to do to keep you busy. You are more then welcome to come down anytime you would like me door is always open i would love to have vistors. Hang in there and enjoy your time off.

THE LIFE OF THE CHRISTENSEN'S said...

Janny, we are going to miss you so much! You have been one of my best friends and I'm going to miss seeing you in the office everyday. We all know the office isn't going to be the same without your funny personality and laugh. Please keep in touch especially since Krew needs his Aunt Jan! Take care and best wishes!!!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! It's going to be so weird not going to visit Aunt Jan-Jan at the office anymore. I remember visiting there when I was little, taking all my kids in and letting all the girls swoon over them! We may just have to invite you to White's girl day outs to get you out of the house. JK

Grandma Nancy said...

Janner Bananner, I take a few days off to tend Max and I come back to no Jan. What am I going to do? I wish I had the guts you have to just walk, but I will stick it out for 5 more years. I really am going to miss you. I will be giving you a call to do lunch.

Love ya,
Nancy