Sunday, March 8, 2009

Happy 40th Anniversary

Yesterday was a very important day for the Cowan family. So I decided to hop on here and congratulate my parents on celebrating forty wonderful years together. In speaking on behalf of our entire family, we are so eternally grateful for the decision you made to be married forty years ago. We have always felt your love for one another, and for each of us. You have sacrificed so much, in order to provide the best life possible for each of us. I thought I'd share this quote from President Hinckley:

"I believe in the family where there is a husband who regards his companion as his greatest asset and treats her accordingly; where there is a wife who looks upon her husband as her anchor and strength, her comfort and security; where there are children who look to mother and father with respect and gratitude. " President Gordon B. Hinckley

Thank you for setting such a wonderful example of how to make a marriage work.......and last forever. We love you!

*I often find myself wondering what I did to deserve this family. I guess this is my chance to let each of you reading this know, just how much I love you. Now sit back and enjoy these awesome pictures from 1969!




This picture was taken in December 2008. Four kids, two son-in-laws, two daughter-in-laws, and twelve grandkids later.......it's amazing how things can change in forty years!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post. I have always admired you, Collette and Randy. What a great example of love and respect you are to all of us in our early years of marriage. I notice the way Randy treats Collette, always tender and quiet. Congrats you two! Here's to 40 more!

Shannon said...

Congrats to both of you. Look at me, I'm just a little tike but I remember this day like it was just yesterday. I still have the litte cameo pin and my dress in my cedar chest. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. May you have many more happy ones Collet & Randy. Love you both. Shannon

JanTSouthwick said...

What a nice post. Happy 40th Collette and Randy. That's great and you do have such a great family. I can't believe I was only 5! But like Shannon, I remember that cameo pin very well.
Congratulations and Thanks for being such an example to follow for a great marriage.
Love ya, Jan

Unknown said...

Congratulations Collette and Randy. I wish I could tell you that I remember it like it was yesterday, but, frankly, I can barely remember yesterday. I don't remember the Spanish Fork reception all that well, but I do remember the reception on campus in Cedar City. I appreciate the good example both of you have been to me. You have an awesome family that we would all do well to emulate. Save the date, December 3rd, 2044 for our 40th.